Saturday, February 03, 2007

Requestamundo Part One

Alright kiddies, these are the ones you've been askin' for, the picks that click , all the happenin' hits right here at casa TT. First up, for Bigfoot Kit, my partner in crime over at Live and otherwise, who has patiently waited for my lazy ass to get my turntable up and runnin again, here is Simon Stokes & the Nighthawks 1970 LP. If you liked the Blackwhip Thrill band stuff I posted some time back, this isn't quite as rude or rowdy, but the bike gangs still loved it. And I bet Mick Farren has a copy. Kiss demos at the LOA tomorrow Kit!!


Front and back covers to left the left somewhere.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CV3JRGPF (got tired of everybody cussin' me out over deposit files but I'm still usin' them for small files)
























Goddo's first for somebody who wondered why with all the Canadian stuff posted they weren't included. Well now they is. This is the 1977 original ish in mint condish, but sorry for the low bitrate, but it still sounds great. Is my dj patter beginning to get old yet?



http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JDQLOE5V




Well times three. It's been awhile since I've posted a good old dyed in the wool moldy oldie, and here, again, by request is Fire with the Magic Shoemaker. If I could find a pair of shoes that didn't tear up after 6 months of carryin' my ass around, those would be magic, by God. This one is from 1970.





http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P9QA8Q34






A triad of Blue Cheer to blow out your eardrums to! First up is the 1969 album Outside Inside, then the reunion album
from '83 which is basically Vincebus Eruptum updated for the 80s with "new improved" sound from the band. The original cover is here, only the reissue covers are in the rar. And finally sans picture I have chosen a live potpouri from a boot called interestingly enough 68-74 Live. Decent sound, good song choices , best boot I own by these goons of megawattage.


The live one: (54.88 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IOQRXLZJ

The Beast is Back: (67.93 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9NKYDWKO

Outside Inside (48.05 MB)http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S1GMV2BF



And to finish today's post on a quieter note, probably the mellowest album from the 'Van. Probably the least favored by fans of the 'Van (at least according to various websites). It's not my favorite either but it's really not bad for what it is, a 1976 lite-prog rock album. It was a bad year for the genre with that noisey punk music rearing it's ugly head in the UK and Boston and Peter Frampton ruling the airwaves in teh states. This album didn't stand a chance. But by request from at least a couple people here's Blind Dog at St. Dunstans. Hell they even mellowed out on the title. Remember Cunning Stunts (that Metallica shamelessly stole without giving credit) and For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night, or maybe If I Could Do It All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RBMLNQYL



Back soon with more groovy requests and some new links sent from Viking land!

15 comments:

ELCROWLEY said...

Hi,
very good blog. I have on my Links on my blog. I'd apreciate if you do the same with my blog www.elcrowley.blogspot.com

Regards

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for the Simon Stokes album TT, looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

Very Thanx for this post, But it seems lost the track a4 "sugar ann" could kindly you post this track... thanku'.....

Anonymous said...

Very Thanx for "Simon Stokes & The Nighthawks'" post, But it seems lost the track a4 "sugar ann" could you kindly post this track... thanku'.....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for Goddo. Also thanks for Fire - The magic shoemaker. Really excellent album.

Time Traveller said...

I will have to rerip track 4 again, it looks like I accidentally deleted it.


Gimme til tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Blue Cheer albums. I had a couple of them but they went away with a hard drive that failed. I'll do a better job of backing up stuff in the future. One of those albums I didn't have anyway (Live & Unreleased) so that is an even bigger plus.

Thanks!
Just Me

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I tried acccessing Fire - Magic Shoemaker and Blue Cheer - Outside Inside on megaupload but it says the files are temporarily unavaliable.
Hopefully, the links are working again soon

Time Traveller said...

Well it means one of two things in my previous experience. Either megaupload is having some down time or some holier than thou has reported the link and it's under review. All I can say is hope for the former because if mega starts deleting files it's back to deposit files, cause I no longer have time for any bullshit.

Anonymous said...

Hi, i too tried to grab the Magic Shoemaker, it's been saying 'temp unavailable' for the last day, so it looks like it has been reported?

Cheers!! - SCM

Anonymous said...

lo & behold, it now works!
Thanks for sharing! - SCM

Anonymous said...

Thanks T.T. for my Caravan request. You made my day!!!

Anonymous said...

Very Thanx for "Simon Stokes & The Nighthawks'" post, But I'M still waitin' for the lost track "sugar ann" could you kindly post this track... & Thank You!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Blue Cheer albums. As always, much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the blue cheer live album. I was wondering if you could upload another one of their live and unreleased series???

jimilives1@hotmail.com