Monday, March 27, 2006

Even more Twink!!!

The music gods were smiling on me as I found this most revered piece of the Twink puzzle. I thought it was gone forever but was just hiding from me, as many of my faves do from time to time. This is a session that Mr. John Alder (Twink to you & I) did with none other than Steve Perigrine Took (the other half of the original T.Rex) . It is not quite as good as the Lost Experiemental Recordings but IMHO as good or better than the lone Twink Lp that soon followed. Feast your ears upon Shagrat!!



http://rapidshare.de/files/16606612/shag.rar



Here is another fave from the Nektar camp. It is their '76 LP A Tab in the Ocean and was released in the states on Passport (#98017). This wasn't my rip and is only 160kbps but still enjoyable.


http://rapidshare.de/files/16608000/n-_ATITO.rar






And lastly for today here is Rare Bird's 1970 LP As Your Mind Flies By. I have included both the original cover (very nice) and the reissue cover (pile of crap) for you. Both are too damn small, but I am a music harbringer not a graphics peddler. This is a fine piece of of progressive music and should be heard by all who have not.

http://rapidshare.de/files/16608756/RB_AYMFB.rar



Be back in a couple days with some more goodies, my time unfortunetly is streched a bit thin this week.

B-

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

-I have included both the original cover (very nice) and the reissue cover (pile of crap) for you-


where are they ? wher's the tracklist ? only a fucking one-track album ! i'm sure you didn't heard it !

Time Traveller said...

Excuse me Mr. Anonymous, the covers are are posted on my blog for you to see. If you could read I do not include the artwork in the files. And yeah, it is a one track file--but it's the whole album...did you listen to it? Want the tracklist? Oops, I forgot to post them--go find em on the net. If you'd have asked like a human instead of an asshole I'd have posted them. Now you ruined it for everyone.


Slink back into your hole leech.

Beowulf said...

Thanks for the Twink
.
I have Steve Peregrin Took - Crazy Diamond (1972) @224
If you want it
.
I also have the following Nektar Albums
E-mail me if you want me to upload any of them
beowulf (at) budweiser.com
.
1971 - Journey to the Center of the Eye @256
1972 - A Tab In The Ocean @192
1974 - Down To Earth @192
1974 - Remember The Future @192
1977 - Magic is a Child @320
1980 - Man In The Moon @vbr<320
1997 - The Dream Nebula - The Best of 1971-1975 @vbr<320
2001 - The Prodigal Son @192
.
The following I already have up
.
The Password for all is beowulf
.
Nektar - Sounds Like this (1973) @192
http://rapidshare.de/files/10031300/neksounds1.rar 57.22 MB
http://rapidshare.de/files/10033594/neksounds2.rar 45.05 MB
.
Nektar - Remember The Future (1974) @128
http://rapidshare.de/files/10014229/nekrem.rar 37.96 MB
.
Nektar - Recycled (1975) @192
http://rapidshare.de/files/10014505/nekrecy.rar 50.25 MB
.
Nektar - Evolution (2004) @192
http://rapidshare.de/files/10015098/nekevo.rar 84.13 MB
.

Time Traveller said...

Hi Beowulf,

Thanks very much! I will check to see what I need! I have most of the early stuff, but stuff after '75 is in short supply 'round the ol' TT house.

B-

Anonymous said...

Hello,
The album pic you have of Rare Bird is their first
lp, "Rare Bird" from 1969 (Probe Records)

Slidewell said...

Thanks! The Rare Bird is some good stuff! I remember holding the album as a kid, completely entranced by the beautiful illustration on the cover. However, I had no idea what they sounded like, and, in those days, buying albums based on the covers was something I could ill afford. I love the two-keyboard attack, and the vocalist is much better than other proggy stuff. Can you recommend other albums of theirs? Also, an album I did buy back in the day was an album by a group called Headstone, which was lead by Mark Ashton, who was the original drummer in Rare Bird. In Headstone, however, he sang and played rhythm guitar. Steve Bolton from Atomic Rooster was the lead guitarist. Anyway, my vinyl is long gone, but that's a good one if you ever come across it. (20th Century Records)